I came across Cagbalete in one of the must-see destinations in the Philippines and I took a mental note of going there. Good thing my sister invited me and my bf to join her and her bf in going there. There were 5 of us, including our youngest sister.
The journey was really long – 5 to 6 hours of 2 bus rides, 1 trike, and 1 boat but it’s all worth it. Initially we planned to meet at JAC Liner Kamias at 3am but due to the coming holy week next week, we thought there might be more travellers/bus riders on that day so we decided to meet the night before at 11PM. Good thing we changed plans as we had more time on our hands and we were not stressed with the travel going to Quezon. Also, it’s a good thing that we were wrong – there weren’t much bus riders then. Yay!
How to go to Cagbalete via Mauban
1. Ride JAC Liner bus at Kamias, Cubao going to Mauban
*The Mauban route has only 2 schedules. One starts at 5AM. If you miss it, the next one is in the afternoon I think.
2. Ride trike going to Pantalan/port
3. Ride boat going to Cagbalete
How to go to Cagbalete via Lucena Grand Central Station (this is what we did)
1. Ride JAC Liner bus at Kamias, Cubao going to Lucena GRand Central Station
* This route has almost 24 hours schedule (pls check JAC Liner’s website)
2. Ride (non-AC) bus going to Mauban
3. Ride trike going to Pantalan/port
4. Ride boat going to Cagbalete