The pictures from their website caught my attention. I liked how the place was designed.
I booked for an overnight stay for Php2500. It includes breakfast for 2 persons. However, we decided not to stay for the night and they were ok with it. We even had to move our reserved date to another date and they were ok with it. You just have to call them since they don’t reply thru email or text.
How To Go There:
1. We rode a DLTB bus going to Nasugbu, Batangas at Buendia bus station.
There are other bus stations at Taft and Cubao that travel to Nasugbu.
2. Tell the bus conductor that you’re getting off at Sitio Calo and that you’re going to Mediterranean House. It was a relief when the conductor knew where we were going because the Maps and Navi apps in my phone could not locate it.
3. You get off at a basketball court and there you’ll find a signage going to Mediterranean house.
You’ll be surprised where the resort is located. You wouldn’t guess that a resort as stunning as Mediterranean house is situated inside.
You wouldn’t expect much when you see the facade but when you go inside…
See how great the place is? 🙂 It’s really worth your while. I enjoyed our stay even if we didn’t stay overnight. I bet the ambiance is better at night.
I didn’t say it’s perfect though. Here are some of my personal quirks on the resort:
1. They don’t reply to text or email queries.
2. The room for 2 was not that spacious.
3. The lay out of the room and bathroom were quite different. The TV was placed at the side of the bed instead of the usual at the foot of the bed. The bathroom was a toilet and shower room. It’s ok except that, again it was not that spacious, water will be splashed all over including the tissue paper and trash can.
These are all small things but if you are sensitive to those listed above, you might want to reconsider. But for me, I could get past those. 🙂
Timetable and Expenses (per person):
6:30 AM Rode bus at Buendia
6:45 AM Bus left for Nasugbu Php116
8:30 AM Arrived at Mediterranean House Php1250
Lunch (pizza) Php150
4:30 PM check out
4:45 PM jeep to Olivares terminal Php28
8:0 bus to Buendia Php80
taxi to MRT station Php30
There are buses and vans that may bring you to Manila when you step out of the resort. But since it was a holiday, we anticipated that buses might be full so we decided to take the jeep to Tagaytay then ride a bus from there. Took us 4 hours to go back to Manila! -_-
Would love to go back there and stay overnight! 🙂
By the way, their day tour is priced at Php220/person, good for 5 hours. If you’ll take a room for the day tour, price is at Php1300.